Department of Cardiology: Referral CriteriaAdults: Referral to Cardiac Clinic
- Referrals accepted only from specialists or level 2/3 hospitals. Referrals are not accepted from general practitioners.
- Confirmed clinic appointment with reference number.
- Letter from referring specialist/hospital.Rheumatic heart disease requiring surgery.
- Uncontrolled arrhythmias.
- Investigation of syncope ¡V after initial evaluation.
- 2nd or 3rd degree heart block.
- Ischaemic heart disease requiring diagnostic coronary angiography.
- Left ventricular dysfunction for assessment for biventricular pacing or temporary pacemaker.
- Initial post-operative follow-up.
- Post PTCA/stent/BMV follow-up.
- Selected pericardial/myocardial disease.
- Patients that do not have any cardiac problem beyond any reasonable doubt.
- Patients with minor problems unlikely to ever require further cardiac investigations and/or interventions.
- Certain post-operative patients after initial follow-up considered to be cured.
- Patients with prosthetic valves for routine follow-up for INR check and anticoagulation therapy.
- Patients with extremely complex cardiac conditions considered inoperable.
- Patients with stable angina not for surgery.
- Patients with angina with normal coronary arteries.
- Patients with angina with vessels suboptimal for grafting.
- Asymptomatic valvular heart disease not requiring surgery.